A Bushel of Brooks

A Bushel of Brooks
Us as we are ...

Sunday, June 2, 2013

June 2nd

Of the multitude of photos that I have and am behind on uploading to websites and organizing on my computer ... some are just there to make me smile:


The are many moments in each day that I probably struggle with feeling overwhelmed: overwhelmed with making decisions about schooling for the boys; about keeping the house clean; about "enjoying each moment" with my family; about getting enough quiet time for myself; about planning awesome workouts for clients; or "I really want to call so-and-so, but I know as soon as I pick up the phone, the quiet will turn into chaos!"; and I have to remind myself that it isn't about getting everything done each day. If that were the case, I truly wouldn't be able to enjoy anything!

But each day is a gift,


Sometimes the gifts are silly, right (see above)? Sometimes they come in the form of someone calling me, just to say hi. Or the warmth of Eli's hug when he walks in the door from work. Or a quiet time in my own room, with my Bible. Maybe even what I thought was an interruption. Really they are right there, all the time, I just have to stop and take the moment to receive them; enjoy them; be thankful for them.


That is one of my goals this week. We have swim lessons, and some extra things on my plate over the next nine days ... but if I can view each day as a gift, and use even the moments in which I feel like my head might explode to see something beautiful ... then it will end quite wonderfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment