A Bushel of Brooks

A Bushel of Brooks
Us as we are ...

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

LEGS

In my workouts, I'm trying to spend some dedicated time on my legs. Teaching classes, I do lots of jumping all around, squat jumps, jumping lunges, etc etc.! But as I have lost and continue to work on losing pregnancy weight, my legs aren't quite "bouncing" back like I thought! Ah well, it really isn't the end of the world, because Matthias is definitely worth a little leg jiggle = ) But, it also doesn't mean I can't put in a little effort to tone back up around my glutes and hamstrings. And thanks Natalie for the reminder to pick up some heavy weights while doing this! Sometimes you just need a friend to re-point you back in a good direction ...

So, I've done some early morning workouts at home in our makeshift basement workout area, and tried to get in a few in the last month at the gym, but I miss said workout friend mentioned above! Workouts ARE much more fun with a friend. So, I roped Lisa, another trainer/my boss at the gym, into meeting me twice this week for some LEGS.

Yesterday morning was my morning to put together the workout and here's what we did:
 
LEGS #1
*six rounds total, 10 reps each move/leg*
1. Deadlifts, 65# first two sets, 85# second two sets, 105# third two sets
2. Plie Squats, 40# Dumbbell
3. Box Step Ups, 10# Dumbbells overhead
4. Side Lunges, 25# Plate

It started out feeling pretty good, but by the fifth and sixth sets, we were sweating and getting tired! Lisa put it perfectly: "We're sweaty and lifting heavy things. All good." = )

In a nutshell, it was a great start to my Tuesday. We'll see what she has planned for us tomorrow ...

No comments:

Post a Comment