A Bushel of Brooks

A Bushel of Brooks
Us as we are ...

Monday, September 10, 2012

Monday, Monday, So Good to Me!

It has been a great Monday.

We started off with a few hours at home. I got to get up, stay in my pj's, get the boys breakfast, dressed, and Jonah started on school. Eli had school in Springfield today, so he did his workout with Kaleb at 7:45, and then was around to do Bible with the boys before he was packing up for the drive! Jonah finished three subjects, and then we got ready to head to the gym. I had a small group to coach, and then taught Per4mance (one of my faves!). I consider teaching a total win/win situation! I get a good, sweaty workout in for myself, get to help other ladies accomplish the same, AND I even get paid to do it! Can't hardly get better than that = )

We headed back home, had lunch and re-organized stuff for the rest of the day. Grandma came by to pick up the boys. She wants to have them over on Mondays for a couple hours if it works to help Jonah do any school, and do some science with him. She is the science master, and is going to spend time with him on ocean life this semester so that we can take him to the new aquarium sometime in November or December for a special field trip. While they were gone, I had a wonderful quiet time, did a couple loads of laundry, got to catch up on the phone with a friend that I haven't talked to in a long time, cleaned up around the house and it was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G! That kind of time doesn't happen too often, and Matthias was a willing helper napper.

Went to pick them up, visited with her a bit before we headed back home. Settled in for the evening. Gave Reuben a bath because his eyes were swelling up from being in a house with dog for the afternoon, made this Quinoa dish to have in the fridge to munch on for the next couple days,


read a book to the boys, and tucked two of them into bed. Jonah is getting to head there as well, myself hopefully soon thereafter! Yes!

This is Jonah with his notebook from Grandma with coloring pages and facts pages about ocean life. Pretty exciting stuff for a five year old.


This day was a complete gift. Many of our days often feel hectic ... but I was convicted Saturday night to make my personal quiet times a priority over my lists. I love my lists ... but can sometimes get a bit obsessed about getting them completed! Once again, I need to refocus and remember that when I am in a healthy and peaceful place with the Lord, all other things will be fine. Whether or not they get done! Peace within the home, within my heart - that will speak volumes to my boys, my family, and hopefully to others as well. I am grateful for the couple hours of quiet that were given to me. I know I won't get them everday - but it was soooo appreciated! Now, I will wait for Eli to get back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment