A Bushel of Brooks

A Bushel of Brooks
Us as we are ...

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Coconut Mango Rice

YUM is all I have to say! I had seen several recipes for coconut mango rice, but most of them used coconut milk, and I was looking for a healthier version to make for the family the other week. I don't have anything against coconut milk ... but Eli and I were spending a couple weeks trying to cut out some of the processed foods and other junk that can sneak its way into the kitchen. And this is what I came up with:

Coconut Mango Brown Rice
 
2 c. uncooked brown rice
1 1/2 c. water
1 c. coconut almond milk
1 tsp. salt
1 mango, peeled and chopped
*Bring water and coconut almond milk to a boil and add in rice and salt. Bring back to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for ~45 min. Fluff rice and gently fold in mango. Cover and let sit another five minutes. DONE! Enjoy!



Even just one cup of the coconut almond milk made the rice creamy, and I loved it! It was a "sweeter" tasting rice dish, but I thought it was great. Reuben loved it as well. I'm already brainstorming additions and variations of the same ...

No comments:

Post a Comment