A Bushel of Brooks

A Bushel of Brooks
Us as we are ...

Friday, June 29, 2012

He's Home!

Eli returned at 1:30 a.m., Thursday morning, from being gone in Honduras eight days. Yippee!!!!! I know, going into it, that the eight days would probably be somewhat grueling. Yes, I believed that there would be grace, that God would help us get through it, and that I had amazing family that was there to help when needed. But, Eli is one amazing husband and dad. He helps out so much. He is my confidant, my best friend, the boys' favorite wrestler and book reader and you-name-it. Which means him being gone would leave a hole. Also, a late-night baby-bouncing hole as well. = )

Thankfully, we got through it! Some days were pretty good, some were challenging, Tuesday and Wednesday were downright tough at times, but he is back! By Tuesday, I just saw HOW MUCH boys need their daddy. They need that male authority figure. They need someone to wrestle with them and throw them onto the couch, chase them down the hall, fight swords with them, etc. Mommy can only do that so much before she feels like she is going insane! By Tuesday, they didn't want to listen to me anymore, they cried a lot, they picked on each other at lot, and I thought we might just not make it! My mom came and took them for an hour to give me a bit of peace to regroup before evening and bedtime. THANK GOODNESS FOR MOM!

And we talked all day Wednesday that Daddy would be home in the morning. Thursday morning, Jonah tiptoed into my bedroom at 6 a.m. and whispered "Daddy's in bed with you!" And then promptly told me he had to poop. Yes, the anticipation was huge! They wrestled, squeezy-hugged, played their day away with him yesterday (Daddy needed his nap in the afternoon, too!). And he has today off as well.

Ahhhhhhhh. Even though Matthias had a bad night last night - my hubby was home with me. All is back to right in our little world.

No comments:

Post a Comment