A Bushel of Brooks

A Bushel of Brooks
Us as we are ...

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Ganache Brownies

A week ago, we had the baby shower for my sweet nephew, Azariah. Can't believe that he is already almost four weeks old! I got to snuggle him today while my sister-in-law and I baked a few Christmas cookies together. I think we're going on almost nine years on our tradition of taking a morning (it used to be almost a day!) together at my mother-in-law's house, and working on some goodies to give to families and friends. Our list of "to be made" has gotten smaller, as we have both added kiddos to the mix! But, it's always a good morning.


For the shower, we most definitely did not want cake, but some yummy brownie bites, veggies, and nuts. It was in the middle of the afternoon, so most ladies had eaten lunch not that long ago, so we didn't want to overdo the food portion. I totally brought my camera to the shower, and never took any pictures! Major fail. Ah well, I did get a picture of the brownies BEFORE I left for the shower that day.

Yum yum yum. They were so.good. And I got lots of rave reviews on them. This will definitely be a recipe that I repeat. Simple in that the directions were clear, and I followed them! The only thing I might do next time is put a little less coffee in them. It was very distinct. I doubled this recipe and baked mine in a 9x13, but then cut them into almost 1x1 inch bites, because they are obviously a rich little treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment