A Bushel of Brooks

A Bushel of Brooks
Us as we are ...

Monday, December 9, 2013

Candy Cane Face

As part of our countdown to Christmas, Eli has a little advent calendar that he bought me years ago. It has little doors for each day, and he writes a clue that leads to a "treasure" for each day. The boys go CRAZY over this tradition in our home, and each day has its moments of "Is the treasure hunt ready????" It is usually a little candy - something small, but something they don't normally get. A treat. And helps them understand the countdown until Christmas day.

Last week, I walked in the door from work, and was greeted with this gorgeous face:


I know! The treasure of the day was a candy cane - Life Saver flavored, of course. Eli said he gave Matthias his in his booster seat at the table, turned to wash a couple dishes, and that was literally a minute before I walked in the door. And the candy cane was GONE.

Seriously. That kid can put away his food. I would have been nervous to give him a candy cane in the first place (choking!), but he proved that his little chompers were up for the challenge. At first glance, I thought it was markers on his face, and I thought Eli had lost his brains.

Nope, just an innocent little candy cane.

No comments:

Post a Comment