A Bushel of Brooks

A Bushel of Brooks
Us as we are ...

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Stuck

Matthias is 13 months old. Ohhhhh, I am overdue for writing about what that little guy is up to! I had planned on doing it this afternoon, but the little guy decided to wake up with a fever that read 101.9 on the thermometer. Needless to say, my day has NOT been quite what I thought! The boys and I had to miss Bible study this morning, and I had to find a sub for a Bootcamp that I was going to coach tonight at 5:30! It seems to be only a virus, but tylenol and ibuprofen aren't really keeping it down. Which means little Matthias only wants Mama to hold him. All. The. Time.

This does make getting anything accomplished rather challenging. I had promised Jonah yesterday, that today I would take him to Michaels' to buy some molding clay to work on "crafts" with. So, feverish babe and all, we trekked over there at lunch time and ran in to buy our clay. I felt like it hardly made a difference for Matthias. I still held him the entire time through the store! And maybe the fresh cool air that greeted us outside on this gorgeous day felt good? I can only hope.


Anyway, back to Matthias. I caught this picture of him the other day. We have two of our dining room table chairs backed up again a wall. Usually the table is kind of pushed into them, and no one sits there, unless we are having people over. Matthias, for whatever reason, continues to wedge himself back behind those chairs. Like it is a game. Except each time, he gets so MAD once he is back there, because he can't figure out how to get out!

So, he whines and wails and tries to get my attention so that I can come and rescue him. And looks at me as if I, yes, it was his Mama that stuck him back there!

Silly, sweet, little boy. Many times I get him out of there, sometimes because he really, truly, cannot figure out how to get back out without whacking his head all over the place. And then he grins at me with a little mischievous smile, and heads right back there. = )

No comments:

Post a Comment