A Bushel of Brooks

A Bushel of Brooks
Us as we are ...

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Run It Off

I had a sick baby this week, as mentioned previously. That fever was wretched. Matthias was glued to me most of the day Wednesday, and even more so on Thursday. Poor little guy. We ended up on antibiotics for an ear infection, and he has vastly improved! It changed up my schedule, which is a good reminder that "my" schedule and plans for the day need to be flexible - always. Flexible for the kids ... flexible in case the Lord puts something else in our path. At one point, I looked at that little face looking up at me, and thanked the Lord for the reminder that I have lots of selfishness within me to get rid of. Maybe I surrendered a bit more over the last few days - I pray that I did! To become self-LESS ... what gain!

But, I did indulge myself in a run. At one point, I finally got him to lay down and sleep in his own bed for awhile. And headed to my treadmill. It's not new, it's not a gorgeous one by any means, but the thing runs (albeit rather loudly) and served its purpose for me that day! I put in my earplugs, set the boys on the couch with books and other things to occupy them, and ran some stress away ...

1-5 min - Warm up jog 6.0
1 min @ 6.5
1 min @ 7.0
1 min @ 6.5
1 min @ 7.5
1 min @ 7.0
1 min @ 8.0
1 min @ 7.5
1 min @ 8.5
1 min @ 8.0
1 min @ 8.5
*repeat above stair-steps at 45 sec intervals
*repeat stair-steps at 30 sec intervals
2 min @ 8.0
Cooldown!

I think I was on there somewhere around 35 minutes, and it was just what I needed. Cooled down, and heard stirring within the crib. Quickly showered and was back on baby duty! I love running intervals, not just because it is great training for running and for a powered-up workout, but also because the time flies when I'm pushing buttons all the time! = )
I kinda felt like I could have used another one of those today. Great day, but incredibly busy, and we were running here and there, it felt like. And the temperature was up and so was the humidity! I feel sweaty, exhausted, and ready to go to bed ... aaaaannnnnd, it's 8:30. Ah well! We have a showing for the house tomorrow morning - YAY! - and the house is clean, the boys are bathed and asleep. I have no shame heading to bed myself shortly!

No comments:

Post a Comment