A Bushel of Brooks

A Bushel of Brooks
Us as we are ...

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Curried Quinoa

No secret that I love quinoa. Eli, on the other hand, continues to profess a strong dislike. Maybe someday I'll win him over = ) Ah well, so I make enough for me to enjoy for a few days and let it go. Sometimes Reuben joins in on the eat fest, sometimes not. I, do, however think it is about time to start Matthias in on some!

About a month I made some curried quinoa, loosely based on a recipe I saw in a newspaper insert from www.relish.com ... with of course some changes. = ) Mine was a bit simpler - theirs probably more traditional curry ingredients, but I went with what I had on hand.

Quinoa Curry

1 c. uncooked Quinoa
2 stalks Celery, sliced
1 small Butternut Squash, cubed and roasted in the oven

1 Garlic Clove, minced
1 tsp. Sea Salt - or regular table salt!
2 tsp. Curry Powder
3 T. White Wine Vinegar
1/4 c. Olive Oil
1/4 tsp. Black Pepper

*Cook quinoa in 2 1/2 c. water until done. Stir in celery and Butternut Squash. Mix rest of ingredients together well to make vinaigrette (I like to shake mine in a canning jar) and pour over quinoa mixture. Let soak and cool a bit. Enjoy!


My sister tells me she just tried a recipe for a Quinoa and Ground Turkey meatloaf that turned out awesome. I'm eager to try that one! Maybe that will be one Eli will even try ... possibly.

I also keep seeing recipes pop up on Facebook and blogs for homemade style Lara bars that are simple and basically made by throwing the ingredients in your food processor. Sounds fabulous! And, I'm always up for a new bar recipe to try. Those always suck me in.

Getting ready to head to bed for a semi-early morning training session after a fabulous day. Sun is shining ... the boys were able to play outside for awhile and get some energy out. I got the hall closet organized and cleaned out. Youth group had started off great this evening as the youth are prepping for our retreat next week. Sigh. Happy Smile. Now, if my baby with a cold will get better and sleep without lots of coughing fits, well, I couldn't think of a thing to complain about!

No comments:

Post a Comment