A Bushel of Brooks

A Bushel of Brooks
Us as we are ...

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Smoothies

I have been obsessed with smoothies this summer. Extremely hot weather makes many foods sound, well, just not so good! But a chilly smoothie? YES. Sign me up! Add in that many fruits have been great prices, and I've been stocking my freezer with blueberries, strawberries, bananas, etc. = ) All to make frothy glasses full of goodness.

And Eli is even won over. We have smoothies for breakfast together many mornings now! We put about every combination together! Some of my faves:



1/2 frozen banana, 1 c. frozen strawberries, 1/4 c. milk, 1/2 scoop protein powder


1 frozen banana, 1/2 c. milk, 1/2 scoop protein powder: LOVE THIS ONE!

1 kiwi, 1/2 banana, 1/2 mango, greek yogurt, 1/4 c. 100% juice.

1 1/2 c. frozen strawberries, greek yogurt, 1/4 c. milk, 1/2 scoop protein powder

The other day I added spinach to a blueberry smoothie and Reuben and I loved it also! I finally jumped on the spinach smoothie bandwagon = ) Took me awhile. Reuben now states that he only eats green smoothies = ) That's my boy! Eli, not so much a fan of green smoothies ... but I'll work on him. At this point, I don't see the trend stopping anytime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment