A Bushel of Brooks

A Bushel of Brooks
Us as we are ...

Friday, January 27, 2012

And The Troops Are -

W.E.A.R.Y.

Well past weary, I think. Starting last Friday, the boys endured four days of fevers, which ended with Jonah having a double ear infection. That, unfortunately, overlapped with a weekend in which Eli was at school in Springfield. And I was suppose to work a couple busy days at the gym. So, I had to cancel some clients, stay home, appreciate my parents who braved the germs and watched the boys for a couple time spans in which I HAD to be at work, and take naps along with the boys so that I could be alive enough to care for their tears in the night.

I thought we might have been pulling out of it all by Tuesday or so - they just had lingering coughs, when I realized that I was running a low fever. My prayers probably sounded more like desperate begging, as I pleaded with God to heal me fast - on the other day Eli was away school! Fortunately, my fever last 24 hours, and quickly broke.

And then Reuben was up all night Wednesday, crying with a hand over his right ear. Back to the doctor we trooped yesterday afternoon. I was surprised with her concern over his breathing. His lungs didn't sound good, so not only antibiotics for the ear, but oral steroids and breathing treatments were prescribed.

OH. MY.

Back to those ardent prayers for protection over our household.

And the news that our transmission is gone in Eli's commuting car.

When he told me, he said he expected me to be more upset! But, actually, as over the past few days I had sought to find peace in the midst of chaos, tears, and a general state of "not happiness" in the house, peace came. Not that finding the money to figure out the car situation is going to be easy ... but faith is never easy. If it were, it wouldn't be faith, would it? I can't understand it, and I won't try to understand it, but it is going to be okay. We will have everything we need. Rambuctious boys will return to their mischievious ways; in one way or another, we'll be able to get where we need to to in some kind of vehicle; and I can rest assured that Someone else has a better plan than anything else I could come up with.

Oh, I am still tired. I still am pressing the Lord to give me just one good night of sleep this week! = ) But whether or not the answers come like I would like them, I have Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment