A Bushel of Brooks

A Bushel of Brooks
Us as we are ...

Saturday, November 26, 2011

A Way to Start the Holiday!




We started out Thanksgiving morning heading over to North Lawrence for the Thanksgiving Day Run. It's a 5K that has been going on for quite some time ... but this was our first year to participate! We're often in Arkansas with my grandma for Thanksgiving - but weren't able to go this year. So, Eli and I decided to take advantage on the opportunity to get involved in the run. Eli's sister, Jessica (a dedicated work out-er just like me!), immediately jumped on board with us and helped us recruit the other 4 Brooks siblings to join in.


6 Brooks siblings, myself, and our niece Mya were signed up and ready to go!


The race itself could not have been more perfect. The weather was mild for late November, the sun was shining, and we joined over 1,000 other runners for great run! I pushed myself hard, and was proud that I finished in better time than in the WOW run last month! Then, after we congratulated each other, Eli jogged a half-mile kids' run with Jonah. This was Jonah's first race ... and he was SOOOOOO excited! He earned a "gold medal" and excitedly told me many times throughout the day that he was going to race "every race" with me in the future.




Seth and I were the first Brooks to cross the finish line! Woo hoo!

You can see Eli with the blue bandana on - just crossing Jonah's finish line with him and helping him get his medal!


The four of us after ALL the fun was over!


After the race and post-race showers, we headed back to my in-laws to cook and prep a delicious dinner while the guys headed out to do some clay pigeon shooting. It was a fun day, filled with lots of times to remember, and left me full of Thankfulness!

No comments:

Post a Comment