A Bushel of Brooks

A Bushel of Brooks
Us as we are ...

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Family

I am filled with gratitude for my family today. We had lunch with my side of the family to celebrate my brother-in-law's birthday, and my sister-in-law's birthday as well! We all (sans my oldest sister who wasn't able to come) headed over to my younger brother and his wife's house for a potluck lunch. Weather today was gorgeous, so all 4 little boys ran around outside and plan wonderfully together!




We visited, laughed, planned ideas for Thanksgiving and Christmas, and just enjoyed a couple of hours to catch up with each other. And my sister-in-law, Grace, and I got two more pictures together (we are five weeks apart in our pregnancies!), which I'll post soon!


Eli and I often remind each other how BLESSED we are to live in Lawrence, where the majority of our siblings all live, our parents live (both sets still married to each other), and we don't have to travel to spend time with them. Yes, it may not be that way forever. People change jobs, move - heck, we were planning to move to Latin America for goodness sakes! But, this time in such close proximity to them is a gift from the Lord ... and we don't want to take it for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment