A Bushel of Brooks

A Bushel of Brooks
Us as we are ...

Monday, November 14, 2011

Gettin' Crafty

I have great intentions of being crafty. In fact, I see many crafts for my house that I long to undertake and accomplish. Probably fortunately for myself, I like quick projects that I can assure myself will be completed quickly! Which also means I don't actually do that many fancy craft projects.

Jonah L.O.V.E.S. doing crafts. Nearly every afternoon he sits down at the table: Mommy, can we make a craft together? I try and take advantage of seasons and holidays to keep my brain working and get ideas off the internet and from friends and preschool! Or sit him down with paper, glue, and cotton balls to keep him busy if I am needing to give the house some much needed attention!

But, I had been waiting to get a turkey done. Just because! I can't even remember why, but last week seemed busy and tiring, and I am looking forward to a week of serious cleaning and packing up the house (we're getting new carpet on Friday - YEARS in coming! I can finally have people over without serious embarrassment about the stains), and I just wasn't sure all the cutting would get done. I know, it's rather silly that it seemed like an undertaking ... but it just did.

But, Eli had school all day today, and won't be home 'til midnight. The boys and I had the evening to ourselves. We often find somewhere to visit on these lonely evenings, but tonight I decided to hunker inside, make our turkeys, read some books, and let them end with one Backyardigans show! So, two turkeys got created (Reuben refused to let us take a picture of his).

I'm not sure how much Thanksgiving-y decorations I'll attempt to put up this weekend after we try and return the house to normal - or if I'll just decide to head straight to putting up the Christmas tree!!! Either way, I am soooooooooo ready to head straight into the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment