A Bushel of Brooks

A Bushel of Brooks
Us as we are ...

Thursday, April 18, 2013

One Year Later

Today is Matthias' first birthday. My sweet, third little boy. I still remember when I went to get my sonogram halfway through my pregnancy! I didn't have any kind of "feeling" if he would be a boy or a girl ... but I was not surprised at all to find out our third would join the growing bushel of Brooks Brothers! The first part of my pregnancy was sooooo hard. I was so sick in comparison to my other pregnancies. But, once 22 weeks finally passed, I think I stopped throwing up and started to really enjoy it a bit more = )


And then he came. A whirlwind of a birth - not the way I could have planned - but he came! April 18th, right around dinner time. Maybe that was a prophecy of sorts, because boy does this boy like to eat! He liked to nurse as often as he could convince me to nurse him (and for long periods of time!), and he still grunts and waves his little hands whenever someone else has food because he is sure that he must be hungry. Doesn't matter if I have just fed that little mouth.

He has always been a happy baby. Lots of smiles, giggles, coos, and all those sorts of baby love have been abundant. I see Joy within him. He has always adored his brothers - who adore him right back - and lights up when they enter the room.


One Year Old. Walking everywhere. Attempting to get himself into the bathroom to unroll the toilet paper any time that we forget to latch the door closed. Finding toys that fit in his mouth. Looking back over his shoulder at us when he's starting to get into something that he KNOWS he is not suppose to! (how are they already ornery???) Giving us hugs. Snuggles. Saying "Mama" and "Ball". I think "Dada" is just starting to show up.



Playing ball with his brothers and loving his life. Although I still haven't had one single full night of sleep since he has been born (sigh from Momma), Matthias has brought so much joy into our home. I couldn't have imagined that we could contain more joy, but somehow, we can and we are!





He got to wear the Birthday Boy hat that Jonah wore on his first birthday six years ago.

 Cousin Mataya came over to play!


He opened his first birthday card - all the way from Great Grandpa George in California!


We took treats to share at the gym and had a regular day after that. I gave him a popsicle to hold for his birthday, which was about the most exciting thing for this little boy! = ) We'll give him a cupcake on Saturday when we celebrate with Eli's family - can't wait for those pictures!


Happy Birthday Matthias. Daddy and I can't wait to see what a little man you will become and enjoy each and every day God gives us with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment