A Bushel of Brooks

A Bushel of Brooks
Us as we are ...

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Insanity

Two minutes of peace are given to me: both boys are in jammies, teeth brushed, and I had promised Jonah much earlier today that at "some point" he would be allowed a short time with video games. And so, it gets handed to him right before bedtime. Today? Busy.Crazy.Insane. And that's how we roll with teens!

Today and thru Saturday, our youth group teens are participating in Reaching Our Community (R.O.C.), in which they sleep and eat at the church, and spend the day serving the community. A mission trip to our own city. Whoop! And as much as I am able, I want to be involved. I have attempted to be involved in the planning and detail work on the front end, and now want to have that relationship-building time with our teens as well. But I have these two little guys who are in tow, right? Makes it a bit more difficult! And so our day was busy and filled with heading here and there, and spending time attempting to occupy them at the church when we were there. It was fun, but really e x h a u s t i n g. I am tired. And the truth is I wish Eli were here to help me do the final tucking in and to sleep beside me tonight.

But he will be keeping the peace with twenty teenagers and few college age staff. = )

The insanity of the next two days will be fun and tiring at the same time. I'm trying to remember to remind myself that it is okay to not do everything, but to try and do "some" things. To ask for help when I need ... but be in a position to offer help when someone else needs a hand. To have a flexible attitude (not my strong point), but give the boys some semblence of regular meals and rest times. Ahhhhhhh, and maybe sleep in there somewhere! And remember to pick up the antibiotics that Reuben got prescribed because we can't seem to kick this cold/allergy junk, and bring extra diapers everywhere we go .... and well, you get the picture!

Slightly insane - interlaced with seeing our youth reach outside of themselves to impact our city. All Worth It.

No comments:

Post a Comment