A Bushel of Brooks

A Bushel of Brooks
Us as we are ...

Monday, August 6, 2012

Potty Time

Reuben has been potty trained for quite some time. I don't really remember exactly how long, but long enough, you know? Long enough to know the drill ... long enough to be able to go when he needs to go, able to hold it if we're dashing through a store, etc. You get the picture.

Except that he thinks he shouldn't have to go most of the time. It is like it is PURE TORTURE to go into the bathroom and use it. I know, I know, playing with toys or being absorbed in an activity is far more interesting than heading down the hall. But, it is almost ridiculous! One, he just likes to hold it as long as possible. Why go when you have the urge? No, he has to be dancing around, hips wriggling, feet moving, and can'tholditanylongerorImightexplode kind of thing going on. And then when we suggest he use the bathroom? We might as well be suggesting that he nail a hammer into his foot or something. "No!!!!!! I don't want to have to go use the bathroom!" No reason. Just because it is inconvenient to his little life.

The other day I had to stifle a laugh. I sent him to use the bathroom. He is grumbling down the hallway (which I can see him as he walks), stops in front of the bathroom and just lays his head against the wall by the door and W.A.I.L.S "Why does everyone always want me to use the potty all the time!!!!!!!!"

Goodness. Apparently it is like a punishment = )

But, thankfully, that is only some of the time. There are many times, like yesterday, that he hopped off his chair at the table where he was quietly eating his snack, looked at me, and peacefully stated he had to use the bathroom and to please refrain from eating his snack - he would return. And trotted off down the hall. But the head against the wall - I just had to write that one down to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment