A Bushel of Brooks

A Bushel of Brooks
Us as we are ...

Monday, February 13, 2012

SNOW!!!!



Finally!

Jonah had been asking me if it was springtime ... and I have kept attempting to explain that, no, it is in fact NOT springtime yet. "But Mommy, I thought that we got snow in the wintertime". Theoretically, true! Usually quite true. Just hadn't been yet THIS winter. Yesterday I told him that he might wake up this morning and see some snow. And let me assure you that it was high excitement in our household once he first looked out the window! He didn't waste any time getting Reuben roused to share in the joy of S.N.O.W.

I was rather hoping to find out that the preschool had been cancelled, and therefore classes at the gym, meaning we could all stay home and play all morning! Not so ... so all three boys bundled up and Jonah and Reuben joyfully "helped" shovel the porch and driveway before Eli drove Reuben and I to the gym, and Jonah to preschool. Promises were made of snowmen later on.

And Eli took them out to the backyard before naptime to build a snowman, throw snowballs, and consume lots of cold snow! We couldn't fit sledding in with Eli's schedule ... but they knew no difference!




Our un-conventional Snowman Nose!


Reuben "shoveling" with his plastic rake - and then eating the snow. Ah well!
One HAPPY 4 year old!

Working with Daddy to finish the snowman ...






"Mom, I kinda feel like a marshmallow!"

No comments:

Post a Comment