A Bushel of Brooks

A Bushel of Brooks
Us as we are ...

Friday, February 17, 2012

Eggs on the Brain

Perhaps it is a pregnancy thing ... or just my body craving extra protein for some reason, but I am constantly wanting to eat eggs! Boiled, fried, scrambled, whatever works! I do prefer scrambled eggs ... I just really like the fluffiness and warm feeling - especially on colder winter days.


The unfortunate side is that I have high cholesteral (thanks, genes!), so I have to be careful how many egg yolks I consume. So, I often do mostly or all egg whites with my scrambles, and if I eat them boiled, throw out some of the yolks.

Two of my favorite dishes in the last couple weeks have been these:


*A few leftover fajita veggies, tossed in with one whole/two whites scrambled, and then I added in some chopped kale. All warmed and cozy together in a skillet!



Sauteed Spinach (with just a bit of olive oil, minced garlic, salt 'n pepper), four egg whites scrambled and served over that bed of greens - YUM!

I figure that if I can eat lots of greens with my eggs, then all the more better! My sister - now 12 weeks pregnant - has said that she often has eggs every morning too! I'm not a big meat eater at all, so the protein is oh-so-good for me as I keep up my workouts. And maybe, just maybe, I'll get one of my boys to try some with me someday. They currently eye all plates of scrambled eggs with disdain ... = )

No comments:

Post a Comment