A Bushel of Brooks

A Bushel of Brooks
Us as we are ...

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Man Under Cover

This is a usual moment for me in my day ... "where is Matthias? where did he go?" and then I have to proceed to hunt the little guy down. The other day, I was sitting here, at my laptop, catching up on email and he ran right behind into the room all three boys share right now. I didn't think anything of it, until I heard absolutely nothing. Complete silence.

"Matthias??? Matthias, what are you doing???""

Still, nothing.

Never a good sign, right?

I got up, went in to the room, and didn't see him anywhere. Called his name again, and still nothing. And suddenly my calling of him got a bit higher pitched and little more panicked. When he disappears, anything can happen! (at least, that's how I currently feel).

And then I hear a little giggle. Still don't see him anywhere. Another giggle. And I find him in the corner behind the door. I had opened the door to walk in, only to effectively hide him from myself. Toothbrush in one hand, the tube of toothpaste in the other, he was happily tasting and tasting bubble gum flavored toothpaste over and over until caught!



Jonah and Reuben did little things, but never as many as I feel Matthias does. He is always up to something. And then my sister in law reminded me that my niece used to sneak away and cover her hands and arms with Elmer's Glue. And the one time she covered her head and all her hair in vaseline. And my other sister in law told me how my two year old nephew had found a bottle of Pam spray and sprayed it all OVER HIS BEDROOM.

Not that I want to experience those moments ... but at least I'm not the only one!

No comments:

Post a Comment