A Bushel of Brooks

A Bushel of Brooks
Us as we are ...

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Work

I always imagined myself as a stay-at-home mom. That has always been the true desire of my heart if/when I was married and having children. That is what my mom was ... and I am ever grateful for the sacrifices that were given in order for her to be home with us. Even if it meant store-brand cereal and such = )

Fast forward a few years and Reuben was born. I was staying at home full-time and I DID love it, but I'm also a "go-er", you know? I like to be busy most of the time, the boys and I liked to get out and do things. So, I had the itch to "do" something. Like maybe something crazy like get trained to teach fitness classes at the gym I worked out at. = ) I was thinking a couple hours a week, tops.

A class full of strong and awesome women!

Eek. Fast forward another couple years, I'm working more than a couple hours a week - personal training and teaching. And I love it. Yes, my life is hectic. Homeschooling, trying to keep a clean house, cook dinner and bake (because I LOVE that just as much!), enjoy friendships ... and work some. It wasn't exactly what I pictured, but I think that God just knew.

Work has been so much more than work for me. The obvious answer is that God knew Eli's work circumstances would change and that some extra money would make a huge change for our monthly budget. It has been a blessing. But, I have made so so many wonderful friendships at Body Boutique! People I never would have met otherwise, and for that, I am grateful. It has been an outlet for stress, for laughter ...

Blurry, I know, but lil' Matthias playing at the gym

My boys get to be there with me (or at home if Eli is home), and we drop in for an hour or two, and then head back home for our regular home routine.

In my head, I'm still a "stay-at-home" mom. Eli told me yesterday he heard a comedian say, "Why are stay at home moms never home?" Ha. But, I just have this extra thing in my schedule each day = ) And even when I feel like pulling my hair out, I don't think I would have it any other way right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment