A Bushel of Brooks

A Bushel of Brooks
Us as we are ...

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Lunchtime with Opa

Last week was a wonderful, crazy-busy, bits of laziness week!


Eli took vacation days all week long. We were "here" all week long. Some days were a little slower and more relaxed - especially at the beginning of the week, but an out of town cousin and my parents moving out of the house I grew up in made the end of the week B.U.S.Y. We got stuff done around the house (later to posts to show), and spent time with family (pics to follow), but one lunchtime hour was great.

I got home from an hour of work at the gym, Eli was home, and we were getting ready to have lunch when we had a couple of phone conversations with my dad, that ended up with him heading to our house for a quick lunch break from work and packing. The boys hadn't seen him much the past week because of all that he was doing in terms of moving ... so Opa came to play! They played LEGOS, and all kinds of things.

Oh, and Opa brought a Frosty from Wendy's with him. I think he initially thought Jonah might share a few bites with him, but it ended up being the communal Frosty between Reuben, Jonah and Opa (I might add that this was the FIRST time Jonah has ever eaten any type of ice cream other than plain vanilla). Super cute!




I don't take it for granted that we get to see our parents often: Eli and I both feel so blessed that grandparents can just drop in anytime!

No comments:

Post a Comment