A Bushel of Brooks

A Bushel of Brooks
Us as we are ...

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Distraction

There are piles of snow outside.
It was 15 degrees when I drove to the gym this afternoon.
Cold, Cold, Cold.

And now, S.I.C.K.
Sorry for the gross details,
but for the fourth day in a row now,
Reuben has had, well, everything coming out the bottom end.
Waking up with it all over him and his bed - and being stripped
in the early morning and having to be sanitized is not fun!
Watching him to get diapers changed quickly to avoid
Leaking, rashes, etc.

And I thought that it would pass quickly.
And then Jonah woke up with it this morning.
Double yuck.

We had to stay home from church to avoid any accidents or trauma from potential accidents.
I tried my best to read fun books,
Keep them happy - even with lower energy -
and make still a fun time.
But I admit.
Sometimes we just needed a break from all that ...
and Jonah got a chance to play his most favorite game of all:
Star Wars Lego Game for the Wii.

He got it for Christmas and asks E.V.E.R.Y. day to play.
We don't get to play it every day, but today I gave him a little extra time.

But, it kind of made me laugh,
because since he doesn't feel that great,
even while playing ... his face was quiet,
and sometimes he would even be laying down while playing.

Can't wait 'til they get better!
But, until then, Luke Skywalker might get a little more action than usual ...

No comments:

Post a Comment