A Bushel of Brooks

A Bushel of Brooks
Us as we are ...

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Take a Dive!


I am so proud of Jonah.
Monday we went to an apartment pool with
my sister, brother-in-law, his mother and her kiddos plus her grandkids.
I wasn't sure how it was all going to go.
No shallow end.
No zero-depth entry.
No fountains to splash in.
All the above are readily available at the wading pool we frequent,
and the public pool we occasionally visit.

I brought Jonah's life jacket (never been worn),
inner tubes, floaties, etc.
At first he was content to sit on the steps
or jump off into the variousa adults' waiting arms.
But persistent Aunt Adi was going to have her way!

She got him to put on his life jacket,
and kept working on him to float on his own.
I got rather caught up in entertaining Reuben
(who only tolerates being outside and in water),
but before I knew it, I was being summoned to
"WATCH MOMMY!!!!!!!!"
Jonah was jumping in on his own!
He was floating in his jacket without fear,
and even kicking with all his might to travel a few feet to Aunt Adi.
I was a pretty proud mama!

Two days later, we found ourselves at my uncle's pool.
Similar in size to the apartment pool.
I hoped that Jonah's previous experience would transfer.
It took about a half hour for his bravery to return, but it did.
The little guy has some guts!
We had lots of fun (Daddy came with us this time) splashing,
throwing balls, floating on rafts, and having snacks.
And Reuben even warmed up a bit more this time and
allowed himself to get wet and sit with Mommy on rafts
or have Uncle Micah toss him around.
I'm excited to have more fun times in the 'deep water' pools!

No comments:

Post a Comment