A Bushel of Brooks

A Bushel of Brooks
Us as we are ...

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Finish Line

We're moving in less than 48 hours! Hardly seems possible ... and when I look around the house and still what needs to be done, maybe it IS hardly possible! Friday morning Eli has a truck rented and he is going to work like crazy with a few other strong guys to move all the big stuff - whether to storage or to my parents' - and get us getting out of this house and into the next chapter.

I took most of today and have packed and packed and packed. And maybe packed a little more. And took some breaks for peanut butter and celery, which is a daily staple for this pregnant mama. Maybe I have it three times a day? Eh, it always settles well. And there are definitely foods that still do not, so I just embrace what does and leave the others behind for now.

Stacking boxes in the living room and trying so hard to organize and pack the boys' toys. Which proves to be challenging for me. Which ones to send to storage? Which ones to keep at Opa's house? And how can I throw the pile of junk ones away when they aren't looking so that the peace stays? = ) I, thankfully, have a friend coming over during nap time to help pack the kitchen with me. Because we really haven't done anything in there yet. Most of what is in there is actually necessary for us, because we packed away extras last spring when we first listed the house. So, we just need to pack it good enough for the two mile drive to the next house. If I didn't have her to look forward to, the task of doing it alone might bring me to tears!

And so, as the boys play outside right now, and I continue to search for the right size box for the next project, it almost feels bittersweet. I am not too sad to leave this house - I have been ready for a year! But, at the same time, this house, that backyard, they have been the backdrop for many a memory for this little family. Eli and I moved here when we were just married a year and a half. This is all the boys know! They love this home, and I love hearing their laughter floating in the window right now (never mind they are shooting at some kind of a turkey target). And I've loved living here. And as I leave, I take wonderful memories of our first house, and all the "firsts" that happened here!

Heading down the home stretch and towards a big weekend finish! We'll still be in next week to finish a couple projects and clean it super good (I want the new owners to walk in and be able to TELL I left it pristine for them!), but the main push happens so soon! Here we go ...

No comments:

Post a Comment