A Bushel of Brooks

A Bushel of Brooks
Us as we are ...

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Full of ...

Stuff? That's what the last week has been. Full of LIFE! It has been a great past week, but it flew by! Eli was very busy putting on a youth conference with a team coming in from Atlanta that we were hosting, so he was working super long day, especially at the end of the week. I was working on some new classes and prep stuff for the gym ... AND we are starting to get our house ready to put on the market! Yay! Although we most likely are looking for a fixer-upper, we are hoping to have our home ready to list by the end of March, and start looking for something with a bit more space for this Bushel of Brooks family.

I am so, so excited! And looking around my house and trying not to feel so, so defeated. We have a lot of clutter, and a lot of "stuff" that has accumulated over the last eight years. = ( I have mentioned this before, and we have been getting bits done here and there, but nothing like what needs to be done for it to be "show ready". And there is baby stuff and toys everywhere. I will clean up the living room and dining area really well, and five minutes later, it looks like a tornado ripped through. Sigh. I know this is the reality of three small children and a busy life, but it is hard!

We have been taking loads to donate, loads to the trash, and the like. And we're now starting to pack up some unnecessary toys, books, etc, and packing them up to store at my parents' house for awhile to make the house a bit more open. And then we'll tackle the painting (oh my! All the painting!) and little repairs = ) End of March???? I'm hoping!

But, that's why I haven't had much to post. The boys have been their usual silly selves, and I've made a couple great recipes (revised of my Clif Bars, and a curry quinoa), but no pics have been taken, and I feel like I haven't had the time to even consider writing things down! Hopefully I'll get in a better swing of things over the next few days.

So, wink wink, if you know someone in the area who wants a sweet little starter home that has had lots of love and has an AWESOME backyard and deck, let us know! I'll work on getting my recipes down and some little boys updates on the way ...

No comments:

Post a Comment