A Bushel of Brooks

A Bushel of Brooks
Us as we are ...

Friday, December 16, 2011

ALL BOY!



Our sonogram was yesterday. We took Jonah and Reuben with us. Jonah was completely "involved" in the sonogram. He asked questions, and really seemed interested in looking at his sibling-on-the-way. Reuben, on the other hand, was much more interested in a matching game on Daddy's cell phone. = ) At least he sat quietly for the half hour!

The sonographer set me all up, put the little wand on my stomach, and rolled over the baby. Eli said, "Oh, that's a boy, isn't it?" She said, Well, I wasn't looking for what baby is yet, I was heading to check something else, but we can take a look.

Sure enough ... Baby Brooks #3 is a B.O.Y.! It was rather obvious all the way through the sonogram.

I didn't have a "feeling" one way or the other - but when many many of my friends and family said that they thought the baby would be a girl over the past few months, I commented back several times that it could just as easily be a boy, and that it wouldn't surprise me if it was!

I was going to be thrilled either way - and I already can't wait to meet this little guy. Will he be a blondie like his brothers? Or brown haired/eyed like his parents? What will his little personality be like? I'm suddenly now impatient to have him in my arms (and slightly impatient to leave all annoying lingering nausea behind me!).

I figure that Eli and I have been given the big charge to raise strong, Godly men. Not a challenge to be taken lightly ... but one I am humbled to be handed. I truly love my bushel of boys - and I think my three amigos will be lots of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment