A Bushel of Brooks

A Bushel of Brooks
Us as we are ...

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Show Goes On!


I am 27 years old ... mostly proud of it!
As far as I know, for the last 27 years, I have dressed up in costume for Halloween.
Not "Halloween", really, but for the Harvest Party. A tradition dating 26 years.
The best thing I can compare it to is a school carnival.
Booths, games, a moonwalk, etc. Kids can come to our church for a safe alternative to traditional Halloween activites. They get lots of candy and have lots of fun!
I dressed up as a kid, dressed up as a teen helper, dressed up with Eli as a couple, and now ... there are four.
And yes, we dress up as a family ... a theme together.
This year we joined with our good family friends and dressed up as characters from the Disney Robin Hood movie. It was lots of fun, and a lot of work. At the end, it felt like maybe I had taken on more than I was going to get done, but we pulled it off - the show "went on" !!!
Can't wait til next year!

1 comment: