A Bushel of Brooks

A Bushel of Brooks
Us as we are ...

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Only Boys ...

Boys are just ... well ... BOYS.
Enough said.
But in case you need convincing ... case in point:
This evening.
Both boys are sitting on the couch, sharing a snack of Fruit Loops.
Jonah suddenly FLIES off the couch,
"I need to go poopy!!!!!"
"Well, then, go!"
"No, Mommy. I need your help!"
So, we rush off down the hall.
Sit him on the toilet.
I leave him to do his business.
A minute later ...
"Mommy, can you come here?"
"Jonah, Mommy will come to help you finish.
I am just here in the living room"
(Aside to Eli - he just wants me to smell it.
Smell the stinky bathroom.
No reason excepting he is a boy.
Eli doesn't believe this ... but ...)

"But, Mommy, can you just come here for a second?"
"Why?"
"I just need to show you something really quick."
So, I trudge down the hallway,
walk into the bathroom,
"What did you want to show me?"
A devious grin ... and ... "Now smell!"
Yes. This is the same child who daily requests that I smell his feet.
His shoes. His socks.
All the while grinning.
Sigh.
Boys.

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha. Maybe I just have gross girls, but these types of conversations definitely didn't start when I started having boys. So funny!

    ReplyDelete