A Bushel of Brooks

A Bushel of Brooks
Us as we are ...

Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day

Eli is, in every sense of the word, a companion to me.
We walk through each day,
each month, each year, TOGETHER.
I love being his wife - being his counterpart.


When Jonah was born three years ago, a new chapter in our relationship bloomed.
I saw Eli act and react with amazing tenderness and love to Jonah,
and now Reuben.
When I fell in love with Eli and we began walking the path towards marriage,
I knew that he would be a wonderful father.
But he is an even more wonderful father than I imagined!

His love for the boys is evident in how he interacts with them,
works to understand them,
disciplines them,
makes time for them amidst his challenging schedule.
It is a joy for me to watch him be their father.

Through all the challenges of beginning to raise children,
we walk through it together.
With laughter and tears!
on Father's Day ... my two 'pirates' continue on their
construction of the ultimate pirate hideout, boat, etc.
with beloved Legos ...

No comments:

Post a Comment